If you want to upgrade the hardware of your PC, or you want to diagnose the problem, or you want to install any software and want to check your computer meets the requirements or not. Then you need to check the specs of the computer.
After reading this How to check computer specification article, you will be able to find the specification of your computer.
So let’s get started.
How to check the Processor of computer
This one is the most important part of your computer system. It is also known as the brain of the computer. If your computer has the latest and fast processor then your computer will work as a rocket.
If you are curious about which kind of processor you have in your computer, then follow the below steps to check it.
- Right-click on This PC which will be located on the top-left corner of the desktop screen. If you are unable to find it then search it on the search bar.
- When you have right-clicked on this pc then a drop-down menu will appear, select properties from this drop-down menu.
- Now you can see the processor configuration.
Wohooo, now you know which processor you have. Let’s move on to the next section in which you will find how much memory you have.
How to Check Memory Capacity of your Computer
In this section, you are going to read how much memory you have on the computer. By memory, I mean hard disk and RAM.
How to check Hard disk Capacity
It is also important to know the capacity of the hard disk, how much data it is capable to store.
Recommend: [ How to check Hard Disk Health. ]
Follow the below steps to check the capacity:-
- Double Click on This PC which will be located on the top left corner of the desktop.
- Here you will see how a partition has been made of your hard drive and also you can see which partition has taken how many spaces.
How to check RAM capacity
If your computer has more RAM storage then your computer speed will be super fast. Therefore, if you are planning to buy a pc then make sure it will fulfill all your requirements.
Follow the steps to check the RAM capacity:-
- Type Settings in the search bar and press enter, it will open the Settings in the computer.
- Then click on the System and then click on About which you will find on the left sidebar.
- You can see the capacity of Random Access Memory (RAM)
You can also check computer specification by determining the configuration of the GPU, which we are going to cover in the next section.
How to check the GPU in a computer
The full form of GPU is the Graphics Processing Unit and is also one of the important components of your computer because it controls the graphics of your computer.
The one who likes to play games must check their GPU configuration.
Follow the below steps:-
- Type Device Manager in the search box and press enter. It will open the device manager window for you.
- Navigate to Display Adapters and click it.
- Now you can see your GPU listed here.
Here you may be more than one graphics card because one can be integrated (which comes with a processor) and others can be dedicated.
How to check Motherboard configuration
To check which company motherboard has installed on your computer and which socket or chipset is installed then you can follow the below steps to check it.
It is a little bit different than the above-mentioned steps.
- Type System Information in the search bar and press enter.
- You will see the Summary tab on the left sidebar click on this tab and scroll down the page until you find the Baseboard Manufacturer option.
- The information next to the Baseboard Manufacturer will give you the company that has manufactured your Motherboard.
Now, you know how to check your computer specification. I have discussed which hardware components you need to check on your pc and what are the necessary steps.
If you like this article, then share it with your friends.